Saturday, July 18, 2009

Gommie to the Rescue!




Hearing that I had been put on strict bed rest for two weeks, Scott's mom Nancy, a.k.a. Gommie (mommy with a g) offered to fly out from Palo Alto to help.  My first reaction was "No, there's really no need.  It can't be that hard to stay resting and I have lots of people who've volunteered to help."  Well, after about a day and a half trying to stay lying down while a 2 1/2 year old is running around the house, I reconsidered.  

Having Nancy here during these two weeks has been an absolute life-saver!  Not only did Gommie play with and take care of Seth, but she cooked meals, took me to Dr.'s appointments, finished setting up the nursery, lent me a great book (The Sugar Queen) and even scrubbed our bathroom for us! I honestly don't know if I would've made it (still pregnant) through these weeks without her.  Thank you so much Nancy!  We love you and appreciate all you do for us.

1 comment: